Indian Oil Corporation Limited
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Southern Region Pipelines
Advertisement No. SRPL/HR/102/2011
Indian Oil Corporation Limited is the largest commercial undertaking and India’s No.1 Company in Fortune
magazine’s prestigious listing of the world’s 500 largest corporations, ranked 98thfor the year 2011 based on
fiscal 2010-11 performance. IndianOil’s Pipelines Division owns and operates the largest network of over 10,000 KMs. of crude oil and product pipelines.
Southern Region Pipelines comprises of a vast network of pipelines which transport petroleum products from
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL) to various locations.
(a) Chennai-Trichy- Madurai Pipeline (with branch line to Sankari), 683 KMs long product pipeline of Indian
Oil Corporation Limited transports petroleum products from CPCL Refinery. The pipeline has a delivery
station at Trichy and terminates at Madurai with a branch Pipeline from Asanur to Sankari (near Salem).
(b) Chennai – Bangalore Pipeline is 295 KMs long product pipeline which transports petroleum products from CPCL Refinery in Chennai to Devangonthi Terminal at Bangalore.
(c) Chennai ATF Pipeline is a 95 KMs long dedicated Aviation Turbine Fuel pipeline from CPCL, Manali to
Applications are invited from result oriented eligible Indian Nationals for the following positions:
Post Qualification Experience
Three years full time regular Diploma in Mechanical
or Automobile Engineering from a recognized
Institute with minimum 55% marks for
General/OBC/PWD candidates and pass class for
Three years full time regular Diploma in Electrical
Engineering from recognized Institute with minimum
55% marks for General/OBC/PWD candidates and
pass class for SC/ST candidates
Three years full time regular Diploma in Electronics &
Communication or Electronics & Telecommunication
or Electronics & Radio Communication or
Instrumentation & Control or Instrumentation &
Process Control Engineering from recognized
Institute with minimum 55% marks for General/
OBC/PWD candidates and pass class for SC/ST
experience in relevant area.
Working Knowledge of
computer is desirable.
Technical Attendant - I Matric / Class Xth Pass with ITI (preferably in
Instrumentation discipline) minimum one year course
from a Govt. recognized Institute.
experience in relevant
Note:- Graduate Engineers will not be considered for the above posts.
Pay Scale & Emoluments:
The posts mention against 1(a), 1(b), 1(c), 2(a), 2(b) & 2(c) are in Salary Grade IV in the pay scale of 11900-32000/-. The posts mentioned against 1(d) & 2(d) are in Salary Grade I in the pay scale of 10500 - 24500/-. In addition to the Basic Pay, DA and HRA, other benefits like Provident Fund, Gratuity, LTC, liberal medical benefits, Productivity / Performance linked incentive, Leave en cash ment, conveyance allowance, Superannuation benefits, Post Retirement Medical Attendance benefits, Employees’ Pension Scheme under PF, children education benefits etc. shall also be admissible as per the rules of the Corporation.
Age limit: Minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years as on 01/8/2011
Relaxation in age by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for Persons With Disabilities. Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen is as per rules.
1. Minimum percentage requirement for the qualification prescribed above may be relaxed for PWD / Exservicemen category candidates in the event of non-availability of suitable candidates.
2. SC / ST candidates called for test / interview will be reimbursed single 2ndclass railway fare limited to rail fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the shortest route on production of bus/rail ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs. each side.
3. SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
1. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should send their neatly hand written/typed application in the
prescribed proforma on a plain paper (A-4 size), duly signed with latest passport size photo along-with Caste
Certificate (if applicable). No other enclosures apart from those mentioned above are required at this stage.
2. The cut off date for reckoning educational qualification, experience, age, etc. shall be 01/8/2011.
3. Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter Grade is awarded in the Diploma examination, its equivalent percentage of marks and class/division must be indicated in the application form as per the norms adopted by
4. Candidates serving in Government/ Semi Government Departments / Public Sector Organizations/Local
Bodies must send their application through proper channel or produce “No objection Certificate” at the time of appearing in the Test/ Interview. In case, the candidate fails to submit/ produce the certificate his/her
candidature will not be considered.
5. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC category should submit their caste certificate, in the proforma prescribed by the Govt. and issued by Competent Authority only, along with the application form, in support of their claim of
belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen category. No other certificates should be attached.
6. Candidates belonging to OBC category should submit proper caste certificate as per the proforma of Govt. of India, which should, among others specifically mention that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections
(creamy layer) as mentioned in Col. 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel & Training in Govt. of
India OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08.09.1993. The date of issue of the said certificate should not be more than six months from 03/9/2011.
7. For claiming the benefit of PWD, the candidates should attach Medical Certificate issued by a Medical Board attached to the Special Employment Exchange/Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for PWD or Head of
concerned Department of a Government Civil Hospital satisfying the prescribed disability criteria.
8. Ex-servicemen fulfilling eligibility criteria can apply against the above post along with relevant service
certificates and qualification documents prescribed above.
9. Service is transferable to anywhere in India.
10. The decision of the management in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection will be final and Management will not entertain any enquiry or correspondence in this regard.
11. Management reserves the right to add or delete any number of posts without providing any communication to the concerned.
12. A candidate can apply for one post only, which must be superscribed on the envelope. If a candidate applies for more than one post, the candidature will be cancelled.
13. Application of a candidate having higher qualification than the prescribed qualification shall be rejected.
14. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
15. Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will be rejected. 16. In case large numbers of applications are received, Management reserves the right to increase the minimum
percentage of cut-off marks in the prescribed qualification for calling the candidates for test/interview.
Application along with fee (wherever applicable) should be sent by Ordinary Post in the prescribed
format superscribing on the envelope – Name of the Post __________________to Post Box No. 3321,
Chennai - 600 034 so as to reach by 03/9/2011.