importance by an Act of Parliament and is a premier medical college and hospital in New
All India Institute of Medical Sciences is established as an institute of national
Delhi, India. Applications are invited from Indian Citizens by the Director, AIIMS, for the
following temporary faculty posts on regular basis to utilize their services in the fields of
teaching, research and patient care etc.:-
No. Name of the Post No. of Posts & Reservation UR SC ST OBC
for Centre for Dental Education & Research
01 Assistant Professor of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics 01 - -
02 Assistant Professor of Orthodontics and Dentofacial
Orthopaedics 01 - -
03 Assistant Professor of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge 01 - -
04 Assistant Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 01 - -
05 Assistant Professor of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry 01 - -
06 Assistant Professor of Periodontology 02 - -
07 Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine and Radiology 01 - -
08 Assistant Professor of Public Health Dentistry 01 - -
for Jai Prakash Narayan Apex Trauma Centre
09 Assistant Professor of Critical & Intensive Care 02 - 02
for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital
10 Assistant Professor of Medical Oncology 01
11 Assistant Professor of Laboratory Oncology 01
for Department of E.N.T.
12 Assistant Professor of Speech Pathology/Audiology 01 - -
The post of Assistant Professor of Speech Pathology/Audiology advertised at Sl. No.32 vide
Advertisement No. 01/2011(FC) and published in newspapers on 21/04/2011 may be treated
as cancelled/withdrawn due to revision in recruitment rules. However, the candidates, who
possess the revised qualification as mentioned in the information sheet available on the
Institute’s website and have submitted their application for the same post in response to
the Advertisement No. 01/2011(FC), need not apply again.
Two posts of Assistant Professor of Biophysics were advertised vide Advertisement No.
01/2011(FC). The subject “Physics” has also been added in the essential qualifications of
Master’s Degree and those, who possess the Master’s Degree in Physics and fulfils other
requisite essential qualifications and experience may also apply in response to the
Advertisement No. 01/2011(FC).
The Advertisement No. 01/2011(FC) is also available on the website of the institute.
1. Pay Band: PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- (+ NPA for medical candidates only), subject to minimum Pay
of Rs. 30,000/- with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8000/- All the posts carry usual allowances as
admissible to Central Government Employees of similar status at Delhi/New Delhi.
2. All posts carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees of similar status at
3. Upper Age Limit: 50 (Fifty) years. However, relaxable for Government Servants, Scheduled
Castes, Scheduled Tribes or otherwise exceptionally qualified applicants up-to 5 years and 3 years in
the case of Other Backward Classes candidates.
4. Application fee: Rs. 500/- (Rs. 100 for SC/ST candidates) by means of Demand Draft drawn in
favour of “The Director, AIIMS” payable at “New Delhi”. The application fee once remitted
shall not be refunded.
5. Applicants are required to ensure their eligibility in all respects before applying.
6. The applicants, who do not have requisite qualifications up-to the last date for submission of
applications, will not be considered.
7. The effective date up-to which the requisite experience must be completed is 30.06.2012.
8. The prescribed application form in PDF format along-with relevant information carrying the
prescribed qualifications and experience for the above posts is available on the Institute’s websites:
www.aiims.ac.in & www.aiims.edu.
9. The applicants are required to submit the prescribed application form in 03 sets duly filled in all
respects along with self-attested certificates/testimonials, other relevant documents etc., a recent
passport-size photograph and demand draft of requisite amount to the following address:-
Chief Administrative Officer
Administrative Block, AIIMS
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029
10. The applicants, who wish to apply for more than one post, must submit separate application with 03
sets of application for each post(s). Accordingly, they must also submit the requisite documents and
prescribed application fee separately, along-with each application(s).
11. The applicants already in Government service may send their applications through proper channel
or may produce a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ from their present employer, while
submitting the aforesaid documents to the AIIMS.
12. The envelope containing the application form and relevant documents must be super-scribed as
“Application for the post of Assistant Professor of _______________________________”
13. Last date for submission of application form shall be 23.08.2011. Application form received after
the stipulated date and incomplete applications will not be considered.
14. AIIMS reserves the rights to increase or decrease the number of vacancies.
15. Canvassing of any kind will be a disqualification.
16. The appointments against the aforesaid posts will be “tentative in nature” and subject to final outcome
of the SLP No. 2106/2002 pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on reservation of posts
FOR DETAILS CLICK;
|2||Information sheet carrying the prescribed qualification and experience for faculty post|
|3||Application form for faculty posts|