INSTITUTE OF IMMUNOLOGY
(an autonomous research institute)
ARUNA ASAF ALI MARG
Applications are invited for the post of Project Associate for the following time-bound sponsored project as
per the details given below:
Name of the project
A study to evaluate the role of insulin signalling in aging and innate immunity using Caenorhabaditis elegans as a model system
Project tenable till 7.6.2014
Dr. Arnab Mukhopadhyay
1. Project Associate: Ph. D in in any area of Genomic/Molecular Biology/Life sciences with good
academic record. Those who have submitted thesis are also eligible.
2. Job description : Candidate should have strong background in molecular biology or biochemistry.
Candidates having hands-on experience in Next generation sequencing technology or other high
throughput genomic techniques as well as chromatin immunoprecipitation will be preferred
The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules.
Project Associate - Rs. 22000/- consolidated p.m. plus 30% HRA.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The posts exist in sponsored projects and are purely temporary. There shall be no
claim for regularisation against any core posts of the Institute.
2. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the
project whichever is shorter, at a time. The contract wherever applicable can be renewed on year to
year basis within the project duration, subject to a maximum period of 7 years accumulation in one/several
4. The Project Associate will be paid consolidated emoluments indicated above subject to the
ecommendations of the Selection Committee. No allowances, perks are payable over and above
the consolidated emoluments. Rules and regulations governing the terms of appointment will be as
applicable to the project staff.
5. No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
6. The Institute reserves the right to alter the designation of the posts any time at its discretion.
7. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e SC/ST/OBC /PH and attach
documentary proof of the same.
8. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview if called for.
9. Name of three references.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED
FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project,
clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS-10.7.2011
1. Applications containing incomplete information shall not be entertained.
2. Date of passing the examinations must be indicated clearly.
2. FATHERS NAME
3. MOTHERS NAME
4. DATE OF BIRTH
6. CATEGORY (SC/ST/OBC /PH)
8. E MAIL, FAX , TELEPHONE NO.&
MOBILE No. (if any)
9. ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONA L QUALIFICATIONS
NAME OF EXAMINATION PASSED
YEAR OF PASSING
10. PAST EXPERIENCE & PRESENT EMPLOYMENT, IF ANY
11. CANDIDATES SHOULD STATE CLEARLY WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN AWARDED
PH.D. DEGREE OR THESIS HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.