School of Biotechnology
Department of Plant Biotechnology
MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY
(University with Potential for Excellence)
Madurai – 625 021, Tamilnadu.
Advertisement No.UGC MRP 40-178/2011
Applications are invited for one position of Project Fellow @ Rs. 8000/- (fixed) for a period of 3 years in the UGC sponsored project, entitled “Strategies to improve transformation and regeneration efficiency in indica rice varieties”.
Essential qualification: FIRST Class in M.Sc., (Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Life Sciences). Desirable qualification: NET/GATE qualified candidates or candidates having at least one year of research experience in the relevant field.
Applications (5 copies) ONLY in the prescribed format (provided in www.mkuniversity.org) along with duly supported by attested copies of mark sheets/certificates and testimonial should be sent by post to Dr. G. SRIDEVI, Assistant Professor (Principal Investigator, UGC Major Research Project) Department of Plant Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 625 021, Tamil Nadu on or before 05.08.2011. Any clarifications, please contact Dr. G. SRIDEVI (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mode of selection: Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
1. Candidates serving in Central / State Governments / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous bodies etc., shall apply through proper channel. If candidates apply directly their selection will be subject to clearance from their departments.
2. Application should be typed on A4 plain paper in the format given below. It should be supported with a passport size photograph along with attested copies of educational qualifications etc., and should be sent to, “Dr. G. SRIDEVI, Assistant Professor (Principal Investigator, UGC Major Research Project) Department of Plant Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 625021, Tamil Nadu (e-mail: email@example.com)” in a cover superscribed “Application for Project Fellow” so as to reach before 5.00 pm on or before 05.08.2011.
3. The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
4. Incomplete applications or applications received after prescribed time limit shall not be entertained.
5. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the Interview.
6. Only hardcopies of the applications will be accepted
FORMAT OF APPLICATION
- Advertisement No. :
- Post applied for :
- Name in full (in Block Letters) :
- Father’s Name :
- Date of Birth : Date Month Year
- Nationality :
- Religion :
- Whether belongs to (Strike out : SC / ST / MBC / BC / PH / General
Whichever is not applicable)
- Whether documentary proof : Yes / No
from appropriate authority in
support of your claim being /
SC/ST/MBC/BC/PH is enclosed
- Address for correspondence :
(in block letters with pin code)
11. Permanent address :
(in block letters)
- Educational qualifications (in chronological order from 10th Standard onwards)
University / Institution /
Year of Passing
Result with Division / Class
| || || || || || |
- Professional Training:
Details of Training
| || || || |
- Employment records (in chronological order, starting with the first job)
Name and address of employer / institution
Period of service
Designation of post held and scale of pay
Nature of work and level of responsibilities
| || || || || |
- Present Employment :
i) Permanent/Temporary/Ad-hoc : Rs.
ii) Total Salary : Rs.
- Details of research Work/experience, if any :
- Field of special interest :
18. Any other information you may like to add :
I certify that the above information is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed / distorted. If at any time I am found to have concealed, distorted any material / information, my appointment shall be liable to summary termination without notice / compensation.
Signature of Candidate