Gazette Date: 29.08.2011
Last Date: 28.09.2011
Category No: 284/2011
RECRUITMENT FOR RESERVATION COMMUNITIES ON NCA VACANCIES (STATEWIDE)
NOTIFICATION FOR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED
Applications with photo uploaded are invited online only from qualified candidates belonging to
Orthopaedically handicapped – lower extremities group for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala
1. Department : Health Services
2. Name of Post : Assistant Surgeon
3. Scale of Pay : Rs.24040-38840
4. Number of vacancies : PH -( O)
[ Orthopaedically Handicapped lower extremities only] - 5 (Five)
The above vacancies are now in existence. The Ranked List published as per this notification will be
valid until candidates are advised and appointed against the vacancies earmarked for Physically Handicapped
( Orthopaedically handicapped – lower extremities) candidates as unfilled due to paucity of candidates during
the currency of the Ranked List, published on 13.01.2011 (Cat. No. 192/2010) for the post.
Note:- Those who are appointed in the post should serve for four (4) years during the first ten year of
their service (including the period of training) anywhere in India or any other Foreign country under defence
service or services connected with defence, if required. Those who have completed 45 years of age are
exempted from the above Compulsory Military Service.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment (from among Orthopaedically handicapped ( lower
extremities ) candidates only)
Note:-Application submitted by candidates other than Orthopaedically handicapped (lower extremities)
candidates will be rejected. No rejection memo will be issued to them individually.
6. Age : 18 – 41; only candidates born between 02.01.1970 and 01.01.1993
(both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post.
(For conditions regarding age relaxation please see Para 2 of the General Conditions.)
1. Degree in Modern Medicine or equivalent qualification.
2. Permanent Registration in class A of Modern Medicine with Travancore-Cochin Medical
Note:- 1. Persons who have registered themselves with other State/Central Medical Council may also
apply, but they will have to get themselves registered under Travancore-Cochin Medical
Practitioner’s Act before they join duty.2. For persons who were in defence service, the first one year of their service will be treated as House Surgeoncy.
3. Personnel working in various departments of Government and acquired MBBS qualification
while in service will be given exemption from upper age limit to the extent necessary for Direct
Recruitment. The maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years
8. Mode of sending application: The applications with photo uploaded shall be submitted online only.
Detailed instruction regarding the submission of applications are available in the Website of the Kerala
Public Service Commission viz. www.keralapsc.org. No application fee is required. The barcode number
in the application form shall be quoted in all further enquiries/ correspondence. Documents to prove
qualification, age and community have to be produced as and when called for. Applications which are
submitted not in accordance with the instructions given in the website will be summarily rejected. Email address of the applicant may also be shown in the application. Photographs uploaded should be
taken after 31/12/2010. The name of the candidate and date of taking photograph should be printed at the
bottom of the application.
9. Last date of receipt of Applications : 28/09/2011 Wednesday upto 12 Midnight.
10 Address to which applications to be sent: www.keralapsc.org
11. If a written test/OMR test is conducted as part of the selection hall ticket of eligible candidates will be
made available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their hall ticket as per the instructions in the website.
12. At the time of Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Practical Test, Interview etc, candidates shall
produce their Photo affixed ID proof in Original and self attested photocopy of (Voters Identity
Card,Driving License,Passport,Identity Cards issued by Social Welfare Department to Physically
Handicapped Candidates,Photo affixed Pass Books issued by Nationalized Banks,PAN Card,Identity
Cards issued to Government Employees by the concerned Departments) along with Hall Tickets.
(Please also see the General Conditions given in Part II)