Department of Sanskrit
University of Mumbai
Applications are invited in the computer-typed form (Font -12, Times New Roman)
for the post of Honorary Professor in Sanskrit based Indology in the University
Department of Sanskrit on tenure basis initially for a period of two years on the fixed
amount of honorarium – on or before 6th October, 2011.
Qualification & Experience as under :-
1. A retired professor not more than 65 at the date of interview with Ph. D.
qualification (s) in the concerned /allied/relevant discipline and published
work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published
work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and /or research / policy
2. A minimum of ten years of teaching experience university / college, and / or
experience in research at the University / National level institutions/industries,
including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
3. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses,
and technology-mediated teaching learning process.
4. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API)
based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out as per UGC
An outstanding Professional, with established reputation in the relevant field,
who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned /
allied / relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Specialization : Sanskrit based Indology preferably Veda, Vedānta , Vyākarana.
1. Honorarium – Fixed Honorarium of Rs. 25000/-p/m.
2. Work expected – a. To participate in the teaching program of the Department
b. To guide M. Phil. And Ph. D. Student.
c. To help in departmental projects, seminars and other
3. Service conditions – As specified by the University
FOR MORE DETAILS CLICK;