Applications are invited for the following post in Agricultural Development and Rural Trans- formation Centre (ADRTC):
1. Agricultural Development and Rural Transformation Centre (ADTRC) :
No. of Posts
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Economics/Economics/Rural Development with 55% marks in the aggregate.
- Good academic record with a Ph. D degree in the concerned or allied disciplines.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or of research in a regular position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College or Accredited Research Institution with evidence of published work with a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers in indexed/ISBN/ISSN numbered journals and as ISBN/ISSN numbered books.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – dedicated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A satisfactory score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) system developed by UGC in its notification.
- Capability of undertaking independent research in collaboration with national and international organizations.
- Ability to supervise and guide doctoral research leading to Ph.D.
- Ability to mobilize funds for research activities of ISEC from government agencies and other national and international organizations.
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in conducting training programmes of similar institutions and willing to participate in teaching/research programme.
- Familiarity with computer and statistical packages.
- Candidates having experience in Quantitative and Applied Economics / Agricultural Economics will be given preference.
- Normally below 40 years for Associate Professor.
- Age shall be calculated as on last date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- Proof of age is SSLC/Transfer Certificate.
- The age limit is relaxed without any limit in case of employees of the Institute (including Project Staff).
- In case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes, the age limit is relaxable up to 5 years.
- Knowledge of Kannada is essential (atleast to speak).
- Candidates claiming relaxation of age are required to produce caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Candidates not fulfilling the age criterion may also apply subject to their applications being open to be considered only in the event of no suitable candidate from among those who fulfill the age criterion being available.
Duration: The appointment for the above posts will be on contract basis for a period of 5 years, including one year of probation. Depending on the evaluation at the end of the contract period, the appointment shall either be made permanent or the contract extended or terminated.
Scale of Pay: Associate Professor: Rs. 37,400 – 67,000 + AGP Rs. 9,000/-
Exceptionally qualified candidates suitable for the post may be offered higher pay, but not exceeding the maximum for the post.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be made on the basis of interview of short-listed candidates. However, mere satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview. Depending upon the number of applications received in relation to number of vacancies, the Institute reserves the right to call only a limited number of candidates after preliminary screening with reference to their qualifications, suitability, experience, etc. The Selection Committee may relax qualification (age only) in exceptional cases and also consider suitable candidates from outside the list of applicants.
For detailed information visit our website www.isec.ac.in. The prescribed application can be downloaded from the website. Completed applications with copies of testimonials should be sent in a cover superscribing “Application for the post of ............ and should reach the undersigned on or before July 27, 2011 Applications received after the last date will not be entertained and the Institute takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit.
Canvassing in any form by the candidates will result in disqualification of the candidates. The Institute reserves the right not to recruit any candidate if no suitable candidates are found.
Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC)
Dr V.K.R.V.Rao Road, Nagarabhavi P.O.
Bangalore 560 072, Karnataka
Application forms are in Adobe Acrobat format. One can download these by right clicking the mouse on link below and selecting "save target as" if you are using Internet Explorer.Application form (.pdf)