Applications are invited for the following post in UK-India Science Bridge Research program funded by Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi for nine (9) months entitled, “BioPharma 2020: Entrepreneurial Opportunities for Indian and UK Scientists in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries”.Senior Project Scientist (1 No.) Scale : 18000-1800-36000
M.Tech + 4 yrs experience /Ph.D. or M.Sc. or Equivalent* with 6 years experience.
• Ph.D. in Biology/Biotechnology with at least 4 years of postdoctoral training experience
• Proficiency in biochemical, cell and molecular biological techniques will be essential.
• Published work in international journals will be desirable
• The tasks include organization and execution of multiple research programs and coordination of the collaborative research with the international partners.
Project Scientist (1 No.) Scale : 15000-1500-30000
Ph.D. or M.Sc. or Equivalent* with 4 years experience.
• Postgraduate degree in business administration with minimum 12 years of work experience in office management
• Experience in organization of meetings/conferences/workshop
• Knowledge of accounting and project management
• Proficiency in spoken and written English – command over the office and internet tools of communications
• The tasks include comprehensive administrative (office, communication, accounting, liaison with international and national partners), management of the science bridge activities including organization of international bio-business competition, beacon conference and operation/management of all the individual projects within the science bridge.
* Equivalent (*) includes B.Tech/MBA/MCA/PG Diploma in Management/Information Technology (of duration of 2 years regular or 3 years part time)/ M.A. (Master of Arts) in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Applications with detailed CV must reach office of the PI on or before 10th July’2011.
Address for Correspondence
Prof. Pradip Sinha
PI, UK-India Science Bridge program
Department of Biological Sciences & Bioengineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208016. India