Applications are invited for the following posts of Assistant Professor
Purely on temporary basis/Guest Faculty for the academic session 2011-
12 or till the posts are filled up on regular basis, whichever is earlier, in the
University Institute of Legal Studies, so as to reach the Deputy Registrar (Estt.),
Panjab University, Chandigarh by 4.8.2011 upto 4:30. p.m.
1. Assistant Professor (Temporary) -07 (Pay Scale of Rs. 15600-
39100+AGP of Rs. 6000/- per month).
Law-2; English-1; Commerce-1; Economics-1; Sociology-1
2. Guest Faculty-07 @ Rs. 1000/- per lecture at the maximum of Rs.
25, 000/- per month: (below 65 years of age in the case of retired
Law-1; English-1; ; Sociology-1; History-1;Hindi-1;Punjabi-1;
QUALIFICATIONS: (for the posts of Assistant Professor (Sr. No.1) and Guest
(i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with
at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Physically & Visually
Handicapped) or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever
grading system is followed at the Master’s degree level in LL.M./
relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent
degree from an accredited foreign University.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have
cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC,
(iii) The candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in
accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum
Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations,
2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum
eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of
Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in
(iv) NET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in
disciplines for which NET is not conducted.
The term ‘good academic record’ would imply the following:
(i) At least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Physically & Visually
handicapped candidates) or an equivalent grade at Master’s degree
ii) At least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/Physically & Visually
handicapped candidates) at the graduation level.
At least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/ Physically & Visually
handicapped candidates) in Honours at the graduation level.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES (for the posts of
Assistant Professors (Sr.No.1).
1. It is understood that the candidates shall possess the requisite
qualifications and research experience relevant to the post in the
department concerned and other qualifications if any prescribed for a post.
2. The competent authority could assign them teaching duties in the same
subject in other teaching departments of the University in order to utilize
their subject expertise/specialization and to meet the needs of the allied
department/s at a given point of time, within the limits of the workload as
prescribed in the U.G.C. norms.
3. The number of posts can be increased or decreased as per need at time of
4. University reserves the right not to fill any of the above posts.
5. Separate application form is required to be submitted for each post.
6. The eligibility of every candidate will be determined on the basis of
qualifications acquired and communicated to the office by him/her up to the
last date fixed for receipt of applications.
7. Applications not in the prescribed form or incomplete applications or those
received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
8. All documents in original will have to be produced at the time of interview.
9. The Vice-Chancellor could place before the Selection Committee names of
suitable persons for its consideration along with the applications received in
response to the advertisement.
10. If any information supplied by the candidate in his application form is
found to be incorrect/false at any stage, his candidature/selection will be
11. It is not obligatory on the part of the University to call for interview every
candidate who possesses the essential qualifications.
12. Candidates should attach one set of certificates of teaching and/or research
experience in support of their claim for the same.
13. Persons already in service must route their applications through proper
channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of their application on
the prescribed Performa direct to the University. They will be allowed to
present themselves for interview only on the production of ‘No Objection
Certificate’ from their employers.
14. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
NOTE: A relaxation of 5% is admissible from 55% to 50% of the
marks to the Ph.D. degree holders who have passed their
Master’s degree prior to 19th
Advertisement and application form (for the posts of Assistant Professor
at Sr.No.1) along with Detailed Instructions for Candidates will be available on
Website: puchd.ac.in. The candidates may download application form from the
Website and submit the same duly filled-in all respects alongwith one set of
testimonials, and crossed A/c Payee Bank Draft of Rs. 375/- for General
Category (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST category) payable at Chandigarh in favour of the
Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh. For Guest Faculty (Sr. NO.2), the
candidates may send applications on plain paper along-with 10 copies of Biodata,
attested copies of certificates.