Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
FDA Bhavan, Kotla Road,
New Delhi – 110002
Subject : Filling up of posts of Directors/ Financial Advisor in Food Safety and Standards
Authority of India on deputation / short term contract -reg.
It is proposed to fill up various posts in FSSAI Head Quarters / Regional Offices on transfer
on deputation on Foreign Service terms including short terms contract as per details contained in
Annexure–1 of this circular. Officers fulfilling the eligibility criteria & experience as in Annexure –
I may apply in the prescribed Performa (Annexure–II).
2. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory
Authority set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 for laying down science based
standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import,
to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
3. The terms of deputation including pay of the officials selected on deputation will be governed
by provisions laid down in the Department of Personnel and Training’s No.6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay II)
dated 17thJune, 2010.
4. The initial period of deputation in FSSAI shall be three years. The period of deputation, in
case of employees already on deputation in another ex cadre post including, the period of deputation
held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/Department
shall not exceed five years. The maximum age limit for appointment on deputation shall be 56 years
on the last day of receiving the applications.
5. Officers who volunteer for the post(s) will not be permitted to withdraw their candidature.
Only such applications as are accompanied by the requisite personal data in Annexure – II alongwith
necessary certificates/documents forwarded through proper channel will be considered.
6. It is requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy circular amongst the staff under your
administrative control. The applications in the prescribed Performa (Annexure II), along with upto
date CR Dossiers of the officers who can be spared in the event of their selection, may be forwarded
to this Authority latest by 9th Sept, 2011.
7. While forwarding the applications, it may be verified and certified that the particulars
furnished by the officer are correct and no disciplinary proceedings are either pending or
contemplated against him/her. The integrity of the officer may also please be certified. It may also be
confirmed that no major/minor penalty has been imposed on him/her during the last ten years.
8. Application received after the last date or without the CR dossiers or otherwise found
incomplete will not be considered.
FOR ALL OTHER DETAILS CLICK;