National Institute of Open Schooling invites application for one (01) post of Director (Student Support Services) on Direct recruitment basis as per details given below:
Name of the Post
Pay Band & Grade Pay
No. of Post
Director (Student Support Services)
Rs 37400-67000 + GP ₹ 8700/
Essential Qualification and Experience
(i) Name of Post : Director (Student Support Services)
(ii) Pay Band & GP : ₹ 37400 – 67000 GP ₹ 8700/- (PB-IV)
(iii) Age for direct recruits : Preferably below 52 years
(iv) Reservation : UR
(v) Method of recruitment : By Direct Recruitment
(vi) Educational and other Qualifications required for direct recruits
1. At least second class Master’s Degree with 55% marks or B +
2. 10 years regular service in the scale of ₹ 15600-39100 with GP ₹ 6600/- (pre-revised ₹ 10000-325-15200) or 5 years of regular service in the scale of ₹ 15600-39100 with GP ₹ 7600/- (pre-revised ₹ 12000-375-16500) in any of the following fields.
i) Conduct of public examinations at the Board or University level, work of confidential section (paper setting/confidential paper printing) examination reforms with particular reference to improvement of mechanics of examination internal assessment, scholastic and non-scholastic achievement.
ii) Planning, preparation and production of self-learning materials/text books at pre-degree level especially for vocational/professional courses running of any reputed institute in Vocational Education/Training Approved by AICTE or any State Government.
iii) Educational Administration including HRD, training of teachers, running of any reputed school/college level institution, management and finance of educational institutions, learner support system.
3. Organization of Seminars/Conferences and Orientation Programmes
4. Working knowledge of Hindi/English
a. Either a Doctorate Degree of an Indian or Foreign University or equivalent published research work of high standard.
b. Outstanding academic contribution in the field of distance education.
c. Post Graduate/Degree/Diploma in Management Teaching/Education
d. Experience in an Open Learning/Distance Education Institution
- Crucial date for determining age limit will be the last date of receipt of applications.
- NIOS reserves the right to fix criteria for calling the required number of candidates, as may be necessary, for test/ interview.
- Candidates already working in Government Department and fulfilling requirement of experience and eligibility are required to submit application through proper channel in the prescribed format.
- NIOS reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post mentioned above without assigning any reason(s).
5. Incomplete application and not on the prescribed proforma will be summarily rejected.
6. Application Form be submitted alongwith a Demand Draft of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) for Unreserved category and Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) for SC/ST and OBC categories through Bank Draft in favour of Secretary, National Institute of Open Schooling, Noida. However, Physically Handicapped category with minimum of 40% of disability are exempted from payment. On the back side of the Demand Draft, candidates are advised to write their name, address and post applied for in capital letters.
7. Application Form can be downloaded from NIOS website www.nios.ac.in. Filled in application form, may be sent to the Joint Director (Administration), National Institute of Open Schooling, A-24/25, Institutional Area, Sector-62, Noida - 201309, U.P. No applications will be accepted through e-mail. The last date for receiving applications is 15.07.2011 (In case of candidates from North Eastern States/Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti Dists. of Himachal Pradesh, Andman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep, the last date for receipt of applications will be 25.07.2011).