ADVT. NO. - 2/2011 - APPLY ONLINE FOLLOWED BY
HARDCOPY FOR SCIENTIST GROUP IV POSTS UPTO 25.08.2011
To apply for Scientist Group IV posts, the applicant must fill in the Electronic Application
Form specifically designed for the purpose. Only applications received electronically followed
by a hard copy thereof duly signed, will be entertained. Applicants are requested to carefully go
through the full text of the advertisement on IGIB website
http://www.igib.res.in/Positionsopen.htm regarding qualification, subjects, field of
specialization, experience and job requirements etc. prescribed for each position and then fill up the
Online Application Form carefully.
The selection will be based on the details furnished in the Online
Application Form. Should you face any difficulty in submission of online application, please be free
to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB), one of the premier constituent
establishments of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), is carrying out
research and development in the areas of genomics, molecular medicines, bioinformatics
and environmental biotechnology. The Institute has played pivotal role in genomics and
integrative biology through R & D partnerships and in collaboration with medical institutes,
universities and the industry. It envisages building and sustaining available resources in its
areas of research leading to technological advancement of high scientific impact.
The Institute plans to expand its young and enthusiastic talent pool at a faster pace by
inducting 02(Two) young, bright and experienced Scientists in following areas:
Post: Senior Scientist: Two posts (O2) (UR)
Scale: Rs 15600-39100 (PB-3) with Grade Pay of Rs 7600/-(Total monthly emoluments
will be Rs.60,000/- approx.)
Age limit: 37 years
Details of the post:
MBBS + PhD OR
Ph.D. (Sc.)/ MD/ M. Tech.
with 2 years experience
Applicant should have
working experience in
area of Protein
Biophysics and Structural
Biology with specific
interest in Stress
Applicant should have
working experience in
Skin Biology and specific
interest in Pigmentory
Desirable: Outstanding academic and research record, as evidenced by International
publications in reputed journals with high impact factor and international Patents with a
commitment to excellence in research and guiding students/teams
Benefits under Council (CSIR) Service:
1. The posts carry usual allowances i.e. Dearness Allowances, House Rent
Allowance (HRA) and Transport Allowance as admissible to the Central
Government employees at the place of posting and as made applicable to CSIR
employees stationed in Delhi. Council accommodation will be allotted as per
priority to be reckoned from the date of joining/availability, in which case HRA will
not be admissible.
2. All Scientist in Pay Band are eligible for Professional Update Allowance.
3. In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category of posts, benefits
such as New Pension Scheme, reimbursement of Medical Expenses, Leave
Travel Concession, Conveyance Advance and House Building Advance, etc are
available as per rules of CSIR.
4. Promotional prospects: IGIB, Delhi offers excellent opportunities for career
advancement under its flexible complementing scheme.
1. To apply for Scientist Group IV posts, the applicant must fill in the Electronic
Application Form specifically designed for the purpose. Only applications received
electronically followed by a hard copy thereof duly signed, will be entertained. The
hard copy must accompany one self attested photograph, publication reprints,
attested copies of certificates and testimonials and names of six-eight referees
with their contact details etc.
2. The number of vacancies indicated is provisional and may vary at the time of
3. The upper age limit will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of application.
4. Candidates appearing for interview will be paid to and fro single second class
rail/bus fare including reservation charges by the shortest route from the place of
residence/actual departing station whichever is nearer to Delhi.
5. Candidates from abroad, appearing for interview, will be paid single second class
rail fare including reservation charges by the shortest route from the place of
landing/disembarkment in India to Delhi and back.
6. Candidates of Indian origin settled abroad, who are of proven merit as evidenced
by their research work, may be considered in absentia by the selection committee.
7. Relaxation in upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience, in case of
exceptionally meritorious candidates, (both departmental and outsiders) may be
considered with the prior approval of competent authority.
8. Applications from employees of Government/Semi-Govt Departments, Public
Sector Undertakings and Autonomous Bodies will be considered only if routed
through proper channel.
9. Mere fulfillment of essential educational qualifications and/or experience does not
entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The Institute will decide its own
criteria to short-list the applications.
10. Each application should be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs.100.00
(Rupees One hundred only) drawn in favor of Director, Institute of Genomics &
Integrative Biology, payable at Delhi (Candidate should write his/her name and
date of birth at the back of the DD). Regular employees of CSIR and SC/ST
candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Candidates applying
from outside India will have to pay the application fee, if called for interview.
11. Candidates are required to submit a brief-write up on their vision and ideas
relevant to the job applied for.
12. Candidates are required to submit names and address/Email/Telephone No. of six
to eight Referees.
13. Canvassing in any form or bringing any influence, political or otherwise, will be
treated as a disqualification.
14. For the post of Scientists, upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the regular
employees working in CSIR Laboratories/Institutes, Government Departments,
Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings.
15. Upper age limit relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/Physically handicapped and 3
years for OBC candidates.
16. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been
domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the
period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of relevant certificate
from concerned authority.
17. Period of experience in a discipline/area of work shall be counted from the date of
acquiring of minimum prescribed educational qualification.
18. Application not accompanied with prescribed fees (wherever applicable),
incomplete, unsigned, not accompanied with self-attested copies of certificates
and received after the prescribed closing date will be summarily rejected and no
correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
19. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall shortlist the candidates to be called
for interview. For this purpose, the committee may also hold a screening test. The
decision of the Institute shall be final in this behalf. The short-listed candidates will
be notified through our Website followed by interview call letter.
20. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates should apply ON LINE. Hard copy of the online
application in duly signed along with application fee recent passport sized
photograph, copies of matriculation /SSLC /Degree / provisional degree
certificate(s), mark sheets for all the semesters/years, , work experience
certificates, testimonials etc should be sent in a sealed cover super scribed
“Application for the Post of Scientist Post no. ---“ to Administrative Officer,
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, University Campus, Mall
Road, Delhi-110007 so as to reach on or before the closing date i.e. 25th August 2011
21. The decision of Director, IGIB in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or
rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of interview will be final and
binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained
in this connection from any individual or his/her agency
APPLY ONLINE FOLLOWED BY HARDCOPY FOR SCIENTIST
GROUP IV POSTS UPTO 25.08.2011